Lean Whiskey Episode 42
In Episode 42, Jamie Flinchbaugh visits Mark Graban and they get to record an episode in-person. This was the origin of the show – getting together in-person, enjoying whiskey, and talking about lean stuff.
The last episode we did an experiment that was inconclusive – sometimes that’s how it goes. We had moved the whiskey talk to the end, but since we had no firm evidence that it was better, we moved it back to the beginning. Since we were together, Jamie selected something from Mark’s shelf, the Boone County Amburana Wood, as it isn’t something you’d regularly find on the shelf. Mark had received a special package – two different expressions of Little Book – and so did a side by side comparison.
They then discussed the GE Lean Mindset Event, held for employees, customers, and suppliers. The bulk of the speakers are available on a YouTube channel which we will link to below. We primarily discussed Jim Farley, CEO of Ford, Dara Khosrowshahi, CEO of Uber, and Patti Poppe, CEO of PG&E (the primary power utility in California if you don’t know the name). We explored the key nuggets from those speakers.
After the recording stopped, the conversation continued at the outstanding Prohibition Bourbon Bar in Newport, Kentucky, ranked as one of America’s Best Bourbon Bars by The Bourbon Review.
- Jamie’s selection, Amburana Wood finished from Boone County
- Little Book, the experimental expressions from Freddie Noe of Jim Beam
- The playlist for the GE Lean Mindset Event
- Mark’s podcast episode recorded on-site with Jim Womack, Katie Anderson, and Jamie Parker
- California Burning, the book about PG&E mentioned by Patti
- Prohibition Bar in Newport, Kentucky featured in The Bourbon Review
- Podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and follow!