Lean Whiskey Episode 36
Episode 36: “Guest Chris Kauzmann, and Design Thinking’s Relationship to Lean Thinking”
In Episode 36, Jamie Flinchbaugh is joined by Chris Kauzmann, Adjunct Faculty, and Innovator in Residence at Lehigh University. Chris, a self-described “bottom shelf” whiskey drinker, joins Jamie to sample some Nikka Coffee Malt Whiskey and Blue Run High Rye Bourbon.
We explore design thinking, which is both distinct from lean but also inherently consistent. The terminology is often quite different, but the essence of the work is very similar. Removing our biases and gaining insight through genuine exploration, whether to develop a business idea or improve a process or anything else, is one such example. Along the way, we cover many aspects of our shared experiences…the student entrepreneurs of Lehigh University that Chris supports and teaches full time and Jamie occasionally shows up to make a contribution.
We close by deciding which building on Lehigh University’s beautiful campus we would most want to convert into a whiskey bar, although we are quite certain that no one will allow us to do this.
- Chris Kauzmann on LinkedIn
- Old Crow, a typical selection for Chris
- Nikka Coffey Malt Whiskey
- Blue Run High Rye Bourbon
- Lehigh University’s Baker Institute
- Giana Jarrah’s With Meraki Co, a student-founded startup
- Sam Benchaghib’s Make A Change World and Sungai Watch
- Practicing Lean by Mark Graban
- Podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and follow!