Lean Whiskey Episode 24
Episode 24: “Homemade whiskey cream and vaccination (not to be mixed up)”
In Episode 24, Mark and Jamie return to a familiar format, just the two of them chatting over some whiskey. In this episode, they decide to make homemade whiskey cream (more popularly known as Irish cream or just Bailey’s). Mark’s recipe is keto-friendly and Jamie’s utilizes rye whiskey. Check out the links below for their recipes and a history of the creation of Bailey’s Irish Cream.
After celebrating Jamie’s completion of his next book’s manuscript and Mark’s immersion into the world of spirits with WSET Level 2 Spirits certification, they dive into their topic: lean thinking applied to the rollout of the covid vaccine.
We begin with framing the topic with Dwight Eisenhower’s quote: “Farming looks mighty easy if your plow is a pencil and you’re a thousand miles from the cornfield.” We acknowledge the difficulty of the challenge and try to avoid blame, but still focus on how continuous improvement thinking can and should be applied at all levels of the challenge, from national distribution to localized application. We remain hopeful that learning and best practice sharing (and adoption) will win the day, even if we’re off to a slow start.
We wrap up talking about our favorite board games. Enjoy the episode!
- The Bailey’s Irish Cream origin story
- Jamie’s whiskey cream recipe, completed with Sazarac rye whiskey
- Mark’s keto / low-carb whiskey cream recipe, completed with Palm Ridge Reserve Whiskey
- Wine and Spirit Education Trust Level 2 Spirits course
- Jon Miller’s post on How to Vaccinate 100 Million People in 100 Days
- Mark’s podcast with leaders from Mount Sinai Morningside and they talked about doing “dress rehearsals”
- Mark’s recent webinar panel discussion on the vaccination rollout
- Wine-opoly board game
- Podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or at leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or at jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and subscribe!