Lean Whiskey Episode #7
In Episode 7 of Lean Whiskey, Mark Graban and Jamie Flinchbaugh share whiskey samples from each other’s collection and talk about some recent projects. They explore whether you should bring lean home, and apply it with (or to???) your spouse or family. Is lean about efficiency when it comes to your home or your marriage? What is the purpose? We also question whether the author was really doing any lean, or just having fun with spreadsheets.
We then explore Josh Howell’s (newly minted head of LEI) open question to the community about the current state of the lean management movement. To some degree, Mark and I reject the premise of the question, and we explain why, and we also do our best to answer it. We finish this episode sharing our recent favorite non-lean, non-fiction books.
- Pendleton’s Director’s Reserve 20 Year Blended Canadian Whisky from Bounty Hunter that Jamie shared with Mark
- Garrison Brothers Balmorhea Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey that Mark shared with Jamie
- The NY Times article on auditing your life, apparently influenced by lean
- Email us a reader mail question at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LEI’s question on lean management
- Book recommendations: House of Morgan, Titan, Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup, Moneyball, The Big Short
- Podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or at leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or at jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and subscribe!