Lean Whiskey [Episode 6]
In Episode 6 of Lean Whiskey, Mark Graban and Jamie Flinchbaugh explore two icons as leaders and the impact they’ve had. Lee Iacocca and Ross Perot passed away recently, and we explore their impact on their companies and most importantly, on people.
We also enjoy a couple of Speyside single malt whiskeys, Jamie’s from Glenrothes and Mark’s from Balvenie. These are two different scotches but between both being from Speyside and both having sherry-cask maturing, they share some similarities.
Our reader question asked us to discuss the need for true humility in leadership that really values the people at the Gemba and how this naturally adds more value to the whole enterprise. After discussing this, we close by talking about our favorite non-lean podcasts.
Here are some links from the show:
- Jamie’s Glenrothes Whisky Maker’s Cut from Bounty Hunter
- Mark’s Balvenie Triple Cask 16
- Jamie’s tribute to Lee Iacocca in IndustryWeek
- Mark’s blog post on both Iacocca and Perot
- Article where Perot said GM was like a blanket of fog
- Perot’s contributions to the Dallas area
- Email us a reader mail question at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Bull podcast about legendary Silicon Valley coach Bill Campbell
- Up First podcast by NPR
- Podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or at leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or at jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and subscribe!