Lean Whiskey Episode #30
Episode 30: “Celebrating 30 Episodes, Writing Books, and Great Whiskey”
In Episode 30, Mark Graban and Jamie Flinchbaugh find things to celebrate, starting with the fact that we have hit 30 episodes. In that time, we’ve had 14 guests or co-hosts and tasted 56 different whiskeys (not counting the gin and coffee detours) covering 5 countries and 7 states. We’ve also had over 10,000 downloads which is a celebration of its own right, and while we do not record this show just to get lots of listeners, we are extremely grateful for all of you who have tuned in.
Having both just returned from our alma maters, Lehigh University (Jamie) and Northwestern (Mark), we share our whiskeys under the theme of the bottle you would pull off the shelf when you are in the mood to celebrate. Jamie had a 21-year-old Glenfarclas and Mark finished off his bottle of the 6th release of the WhistlePig Boss Hog titled the Samurai Scientist.
We are also celebrating the pending (October 26th) release of Jamie’s latest book, People Solve Problems: The Power of Every Person, Every Day, Every Problem. Instead of In the News, we cover On the Bookshelf, and talk about why we write a book, how to pick a title, how to publish, and more. Mark has written several books, including Lean Hospitals, Healthcare Kaizen, The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen, Practicing Lean (as editor and publisher), and most recently Measures of Success. Jamie has published two books now, starting with The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Lean and now People Solve Problems.
- Jamie’s whiskey, a 21-year-old Glenfarclas
- Mark’s whiskey, the WhistlePig Boss Hog Samurai Scientist
- Mark’s various books
- Jamie’s various books
- The Complete Whiskey Course
- Book resources such as editor and publisher Rob Worth, Bethany Brown of The Cadence Group, and coach Cathy Fyock
- Impactful books included Out of the Crisis, Understanding Variation, and Man’s Search for Meaning
- Podcast feed at leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or jflinch.com/leanwhiskeyPlease review us and follow!